POLICIES & PROCEDURES:
- Students are supervised in their classrooms.
- Please make a great effort to send your child with nutritious lunch and avoid delivering lunch during the school day.
- Students will not be permitted to leave the school grounds to purchase food from neighbouring stores, restaurants, as this is considered extremely unsafe.
- If lunches or other items must be delivered after school begins, we ask that you place them on the table in the hallway (clearly labeled) outside the office.
- Your child will come to collect his/her item or lunch. If your child does not have lunch for any reason, the teacher will ask other children to share or will make other arrangements.
- Families are requested to not disturb classes by delivering items.
A word on Birthday Treats!
We know that birthdays are a special day for your child, and we love to celebrate them at school! Our classroom teachers acknowledge birthdays in various ways, such as through singing, certificates, stickers, and more. Additionally, at the end of our daily school-wide prayer, students with birthdays are announced, and they get to choose a prize from the office.
If you wish for your child to celebrate their birthday at school, we respectfully request that you only send a small treat. Small treats, like individual mini cupcakes, wrapped packages of rice krispies squares, popcorn, or individual bags of fish crackers, are perfect options that can be quickly and easily handed out at the end of the day or during snack time. Non-food items, like stickers and pencils are also excellent alternatives.
We kindly ask that you refrain from sending full lunches or fast food options. Providing full lunches can be complicated, given the various dietary restrictions and allergies that the school must be aware of and keep all students safe. In addition, distributing fast food lunches can take up valuable class time and create additional clean-up duties for our staff. We also want to be mindful of the potential impact on student behavior for the remainder of the day.
Thank you for your support and cooperation in making your child's birthday celebration a memorable and enjoyable experience for everyone.